Islington Council is now running its full consultation on the road layout changes that were made in St Peter's last year.
As local residents who believe that safer, quieter and healthier streets are worth keeping, we need to ensure that the voices of the quiet majority are heard.
And a resounding 💚 KEEP THEM 💚 for the St Peter's trial will be a massive step in the right direction for our very own LTN in Barnsbury & St Mary's.
Here are some helpful pointers:
- Click here for the consultation questionnaire.
- The questionnaire is open to anyone who uses the area, regardless of whether or not you live there. If you don't live, work or study in St Peter's, think about your experience of that area when you visit.
- The LTNs in St Peter's, Canonbury, etc. have reduced traffic in other parts of Islington, so it's appropriate to think of those streets too.
- Feel free to suggest other support in St Peter's, such as seating, cycle hire, mobility scooter storage, etc.
- The filter on Prebend Street was better in its original position (by the Church); the Packington Estate protection should have been achieved with bollards on Arlington Avenue, instead of moving the Prebend Street filter. Question 7 provides an opportunity for "other comments" such as this.
- You can go back and review/change your answers up until the moment you hit the "Submit" button.
- The Council reckons it should take around 5-10 minutes to complete. What's that against the rest of a lifetime of glorious safer, quieter and healthier streets?
- Last day for response: Monday 11 October. So get on it now!
Click here for more information about St Peter's LTN, including the results of the monitoring report and dates of events/zoom where you can speak to the Council team.